DLF Forum News
Program Committee changes: Denise Troll Covey (Carnegie-Mellon) and Ann
Lally (Washington) are the newest members of the DLF Forum Program
Committee, starting a three-forum tour of duty and joining Martin
Halbert (Emory), David Reynolds (Johns Hopkins), David Seaman (DLF),
Erin Stalberg (Virginia), and Jewel Ward (USC) on this important group.
Many thanks to retiring committee members John Ober (CDL) and Jennifer
Vinopal (NYU) for their sterling work.  Planning for the next program is
just around the corner, with a call for papers coming out soon.
Evaluation: on the request of the DLF Executive Committee, we will be
introducing a formal evaluation from the next Forum onwards.  You have
not been shy about feeding back positive and negative observations (I'm
equally grateful for both) and this new move will help give us more data
to measure the success of each event and to ensure the continuing high
quality of our Forums.  Recent Forums have seen the following
improvements: wireless access; a 2-hour lunch break (better for small
meetings and for re-energizing); speaker bios in the packet and on the
web; better abstracts ahead of time; a printed Forum program; a small
printer at the conference desk for emergency badges, handouts, etc.; and
the collecting and mounting of presentations at the event.

And finally, a reminder of upcoming dates:
DLF Spring Forum 2005:
Westin Horton Plaza, San Diego, California
Wednesday, April 13th - Friday, April 15th, 2005
DLF Fall Forum 2005:
Omni Charlottesville Hotel, Charlottesville, Virginia
Monday, November 7th - Wednesday, November 9th, 2005
Looking forward to seeing you in San Diego, if not before,

David