On Jan 26, 2005, at 9:48 AM, Walter Lewis wrote:

> We had been kicking this around at a couple of points last year around
> here.  Could RSS, essentially a broadcast technology, be fit into a
> narrowcast mode, one feed per customer.  Given that challenges to email
> notification, I keep looking for alternatives. Here's a blog entry
> proposing it.

If I understand the concept, I have tried to do this as a part of the
(incomplete) Ockham Alerting Service. The Service allows you to query
an index, and the search results are then available as HTML, email, or
an RSS feed. When the content in the index gets refreshed, the RSS feed
will return different results every time. The operative word here is
"when". See:

   http://alert.ockham.org/

--
Eric Lease Morgan