Colleagues --

I are pleased to invite any of you who are interested to a small working
group breakfast at ALA-Midwinter with Vicky Reich, Director of the LOCKSS
program, to discuss the LOCKSS program's current status and short and long
term goals.  Since we have discussed LOCKSS at a number of DLF meetings, I
thought you might be interested in attending.    LOCKSS is an initiative of
the Andrew Mellon Foundation and has been largely developed at Stanford
University.  The intent of this meeting is to provide a forum for library
directors to ask questions and to discuss LOCKSS future needs and
directions if LOCKSS is to become a member-driven strategy for perpetuation
of digital collections.  Penn State has decided to continue to support this
program for two more years, as have a number of other research
libraries.  This is an opportunity to look at how LOCKSS might fit into
your library's future plans.  An update on LOCKSS development plans for the
next two years will be provided.  It is important for as  many libraries as
possible to join the LOCKSS Alliance in order to solidify its future.

The breakfast will be held on Monday, January 17, at 8:00 a.m. at the
Apropos Restaurant, Sheraton Boston Hotel, Prudential Center, 39 Dalton
Street.

If you are able to attend, please RSVP as soon as possible to Vicky Reich
at "[log in to unmask]"