I have been using a very simple (and not 100% accurate) php file that I
wrote a few months ago to parse a marc record and convert it into an
array.  It's about 50 lines of code, so it's much simpler in fashion
compared to the class used for the emilda project.  But it works really
well with the records returned from our voyager z39.50 server.

Andrew