We haven't created feeds for newly acquired materials, but we do
something similar for reserves materials within Aleph. We query our
catalog directly via the Aleph X-Server, which is an API that returns
XML results. These results are then parsed and bundled into
course-specific feeds for use within our courseware system.

This is a relatively new project for us, so we're still working out some
kinks, but thus far we're producing feeds for about 200 courses and
folks seem to really like the convenience of viewing reserves materials
within course sites.

Ryan Max Steinberg
Library Information Technology
University of Michigan Libraries