From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of
Roy Tennant
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 12:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Formatting MARC records

On Feb 15, 2005, at 10:57 AM, Hickey,Thom wrote:

> It seems to me that your version -would- be possible to generate from a
> MARC record.

Perhaps, but I would want to see:

* The title as it was printed on the book, not this lowercase business
* No "[electronic resource]" title field foolishness
* No mixing of author/editor and the title as we presently do in the
245 field for some reason I still can't figure out

We have more anachronistic practices in our catalogs than I think we
fully appreciate.
Roy