I have two pieces of advice.

1) This one I take from Philip Greenspun
<http://philip.greenspun.com/panda/databases-interfacing>:  Don't switch.
If you already know one of these tools, stay with what you know and
leverage your existing expertise; any of these tools can get the job done.
Be suspicious of religious bias behind any other advice.

2) Take any excuse you can to learn Python; you'll be glad you did.
(Sorry if my religion is showing through ;)

Chris

"The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you get up
in the morning and does not stop until you get into the office." -Robert
Frost