On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:04:30 -0500, NCR Lab <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Do you have a preference for handling data input?  The database is not
> real complex:  tracking training classes, and who attended which
> class.  It requires entering data once a month on classes, and
> entering data piecemeal throughout the month on students and class
> attendance.

For simple things like this I haven't found anything easier than Perl
with Template Toolkit and Class::DBI.  You just set up your tables in
a Class::DBI subclass and you'll never have to think about SQL again.

Some references:

  perl.com -- How to avoid writing code :
http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/07/15/nocode.html

  cpan.org -- Class::DBI manual :