Denise & all:

We've also been wondering about how other institutions are doing structure maps, specifically for printed text digitization.  Haven't found anything documented anywhere.   Given the number of people who've already responded to the this, I think it would be interesting to see the range of practice.

So ... I've just put together a page on our web site that gives a couple of examples of what we've been doing recently, and I'd be very interested in posting (or posting links to) sample structure maps from other institutions.  Could be useful for newbies and less-newbies alike.  Take a look at:

http://www.columbia.edu/cu/libraries/inside/projects/diglib/bestpractices/index.html

and send me your samples for posting!

Stephen Paul Davis ~ Director, Libraries Digital Program
Columbia University Libraries, New York, NY
email: [log in to unmask] ~ ph(212)854-8584
fax(212)854-0089