Dear all:

The program for this week's upcoming DLF Forum in San Diego is now
available on the forum website http://www.diglib.org/forums/spring2005/
in a variety of versions for your ease of use:

1) The web versions exist in both short (at-a-glance) and full versions
(the latter containing speaker biographies and abstracts), and we will
have wireless access at the event so you can use them from a laptop;

2) there is a "print-friendly" PDF version, although there is no need to
print it out if you are attending the Forum, as printed copies will be
handed out at registration;

3) for those of you with PDAs, there are both Palm Pilot (pdb) and
Microsoft Reader (lit) files available.

The program is as strong as ever, with a keynote from Ed Ayers kicking
off several days of the latest developments in web services, METS, OAI,
digital preservation, user services, faculty collaborations, LOCKSS,
institutional repositories, Aquifer, grid initiatives, NDIIPP, digital
library education, and more.  A variety of formal project, grant, and
initiatives meetings cluster around the event, making good use of the
fact that so many of us are gathered in one place, and there is a
particularly timely DLF Developers' Forum on Friday afternoon that
considers "Linking Public Search Engines to Library Content"
(congratulations to MacKenzie Smith and Peter Brantley for pulling this
together).

As presentations are given they will be posted on the website, during
the event.  This should, we hope, be a timely service for those of you
who are not attending, or for those at the event in one session who wish
they could be in the other parallel-track session too.

I'm looking forward to seeing many of you later in the week in San
Diego.

Best wishes,

David

David Seaman
Executive Director,
Digital Library Federation
Council on Library and Information Resources
1755 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036
tel: 202-939-4762; fax: 202-939-4765
e-mail: [log in to unmask]