What is a good XML schema for describing people?

At the present time MyLibrary essentially contains two tables. One for
information resources and one for terms to describe the information
resources. The former is essentially Dublin Core plus a few additional
fields. This has proven quite useful since it makes it easy to map MARC
to MyLibrary as well as map harvested OAI data to MyLibrary. We have
created an RDF representation of our MyLibrary database; A version of
RDF is the canonical exchange file format for MyLibrary.

As MyLibrary moves forward we plan to put the "my" back into MyLibrary.
In doing so we will need a table for describing people. Sort of like
the resources table, I would like to base the people table on an XML
schema so things can be easily imported and exported.

I have heard of FOAF (Friend of a friend). What other schemas might
y'all suggest?

--
Eric Lease Morgan
University Libraries of Notre Dame