I notice that Wikipedia has a link to the xISBN service on their
standard ISBN linking page (e.g.
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Booksources&isbn=01234
56789, at the bottom, under "Find Other Editions"), but they don't
appear to know what to do with it. They need more librarians! I've just
blogged a modest proposal: http://www.wallandbinkley.com/quaedam/?p=25 .

Peter