What is the intent of doing this?  If you are trying to have
two separate documents, one for faculty and the other for
students, then just place the content in two documents.  For
example:

primary.html
primary-faculty.html
primary-student.html

in primary.html you could just do:

<!cript type="text/javascript">
a = location.search.substring(1);
if (a.toLowerCase() == "Faculty".toLowerCase())
  window.location.href = primary-faculty.html;
else
  window.location.href = primary-student.html;
</script>

but this still begs the question: why not just have your users go
directly to primary-faculty.html or primary-student.html?  The only
reason I can see, is when primary.html is a well known URL on your
site and you don't want to change it.  If that's the case, you could
have your Web server just rewrite the URL's:

primary.html?Faculty -> primary-faculty.html
primary.html?Student -> primary-student.html

The only other reason why you might want to do this sort of thing,
is if you have one page and you want to include additional content
for either faculty or students.  In that case, why not just use an
iframe?  For example:

<!cript type="text/javascript">
ifrm = document.getElementById("ifrm");
a = location.search.substring(1);
if (a.toLowerCase() == "Faculty".toLowerCase())
  ifrm.src = primary-faculty.html;
else
  ifrm.src = primary-student.html;
</script>