DLF Aquifer participants have been busy this summer and as a result, the initiative has moved into implementation. What an amazing group of folks! Last week I sent two surveys to DLF library staff members who have been active in DLF forums in the past. The surveys are intended to establish baseline information on metadata practices and uses of digital collections from DLF member libraries. We hope the results will help set priorities for service development as we begin planning future project phases and look forward to the responses from your institutions.

We are actively seeking outside funding and I am working with participant libraries on "hosting" arrangements for various components of the project. It is exciting to see the focus of the initiative sharpen through collaboration. Many thanks for your support and encouragement.

Katherine

Katherine Kott
Aquifer Director
Digital Library Federation