I'm catching up with my summer reading and wanted to be sure that you
had seen Jeroen Bekaert and Herbert Van de Sompel's "A Standards-based
Solution for the Accurate Transfer of Digital Assets," D-Lib Magazine,
June 2005, Volume 11 Number 6
<http://www.dlib.org/dlib/june05/bekaert/06bekaert.html>.  They describe
their experiences using OAI to transfer content files as well as
metadata, in this case between the American Physical Society and LANL.

Given our widespread use of OAI, and our growing ambitions in DLF
Aquifer and elsewhere to move content from place to place in pursuit of
richer services, this paper (though quite technical in places) is highly
recommended.

Best,

David