Roy Tennant wrote:

> Andrew, just as an additional data point, we have millions of records
> indexed in our Lucene-based XTF system, and the response isn't too
> bad even on a development server.

Roy, do you feel that XTF is able to give you the performance that you
are looking for?

I am currently evaluating my options and am looking at eXist and Berekly
DB.  eXist looks nicer, just because it seems easier to install.
Can you or anyone else explain how you can tie in an indexer such as
Lucene/Plucene to an XML database?  Is an indexer necessary if the XML
DB implementation already has an indexer?  It seems that everyone who
replied to my original message is using some sort of indexer in top of
their XML DB, why?

We are also thinking about how to store the status information
(available or checked out).  How, where and when do we store this
information?  Do we grab it every 30 minutes and add it to the XML
database?  Do we store the info in a seperate DB, etc.

Thanks for all the help, you guys rock!

Andrew