On Nov 9, 2005, at 5:45 PM, Roy Tennant wrote:
> Well, we don't use a database at all, it really is just indexing. An
> index, after all, can "act" like a database for many purposes. Where
> an index falls down is in high transaction rate applications, but
> that hasn't so far been the problem we need to solve.

Lucene (what XTF appears to use under the covers) is remarkably fast
for searching in high transaction environments... at least high for
me (70-80 requests per second). I'm not sure what the upper bound on
this is. Indexing is slower, but happens less often for me so I
haven't paid as close attention to it.

//Ed