Roy Tennant wrote:

> Andrew, just as an additional data point, we have millions of records
> indexed in our Lucene-based XTF system, and the response isn't too
> bad even on a development server.

Can you and others on this list briefly describe your hardware platform
for this?  I am assuming this is not running on an old 486 that is lying
around in your office :)

Do you feel that the searching is processor intensive and may be best
suited for a load balanced infrastructure?  I am implementing my pilot
using eXist which stores the XML Database in B Trees which from my
knowledge is an in memory data structure so therefor the machine would
need lots of ram however I am curious as to the processing requirements.

Thanks, you guys rock!

Andrew