https is unrelated to php, it is a seperate protocol.  What you need to
do is get a digital certificate from Verisign (I'd recommend Thawte, but
I think Verisign bought them) and then set up the web server (Apache,
perhaps) to recognize the certificate.  Verisign has instructions on how
to set this up.  The digital certificate authenicates you as a business
or enterprise and you have to show proof of ownership (articles of
incorporation or other legal documents) to receive the certificate.  You
also must show them a check for about $200 or so.  The certificate will
have a key that you must configure into the web server and then you can
use the https protocol with any pages on your web server.

Kevin Devine
Network Systems Administrator
Euclid Public Library