Jeff, SSL has nothing to do with PHP and is something that is under the
control of the web server.

Are you using Apache, or ... dare I say it ... IIS?  Either way the
vendor of the web server you are using will have plenty of documentation
on setting up an SSL protected web site.

Hope this helps
Andrew