On Jan 27, 2006, at 12:51 PM, Smith,Devon wrote:
> Creating a turnkey solution can address all three problems.

Yep, so far everybody has advocated creating some sort of turnkey
application demonstrating the use of the underlying library. Luckily
that is is well underway. For example, I have created a terminal-
based program that does simple I/O against a MyLibrary instance. It
supports simple browse and simple search (through swish-e). It also
demonstrates how to harvest and cache OAI data in a MyLibrary
instance. The tutorial draws much of its materials from this system
of scripts. I have also created a Web interface -- a portal. The user
end supports search (through SRU) and browse. The back-end does I/O
against the instance, provides the means to index the content (with
swish-e), and outputs records to be harvested via OAI.

   * http://dewey.library.nd.edu/morgan/tutorial.txt
   * http://dewey.library.nd.edu/morgan/terminal-inteface.tar.gz
   * http://dewey.library.nd.edu/morgan/portal.tar.gz

I guess I'm on the right track.