This is intriguing, I really like the idea of a publication that would
have a high level of technical content, even if only to inspire more folks
to consider the IT side of libraries. I would really like to see a low
barrier way of capturing the excitement and enthusiasm that came through
in the lightning talks at the conference in a journal-like setting, I
don't know if that's possible. I also wondered about the concept of a
"scenario of the month", some sort of technical challenge or problem, and
providing a forum to describe some possible solutions with different
tools. If you could give people like Dan Chudnov a whiteboard and Ed
Summers a broader canvas for sketching out programming strategies in a
journal format, that alone would instantly run circles around the other
library tech publications out there.

I think this is worth pursuing, and in true code4lib spirit, maybe it can
push the boundaries of what is possible with a journal. For example, maybe
podcasts and screen captures could be used in addition to text.

Speaking as someone who can barely keep one blog active, has let another
almost lapse into oblivion, and spends a lot of time cursing the whole
notion of publishing these days. On the other hand, if you want to produce
a version in paper and need it bundled with bailing twine...

art