Wow, there's been so many good posts on this that I am still digesting
them, but to answer Mark:

>Art, would creating a section at http://code4lib.org/ that was reserved
for formal, maybe even
>peer-reviewed articles do what you're describing?

This sounds like the right approach, and I am a big fan of drupal (and OJS
for that matter, but you are right, I don't think we are looking at a
traditional publishing model). Two functions I wonder about is some sort
of IRC hook and some facility for whiteboarding. I am thinking of a way to
capture some IRC discussion around a post or something like that. I am not
sure what the state of the air is for whiteboarding at this point, but it
would be nice to have this kind of option if it's possible.

art