Ross unleashed:

> Why does it have to follow /any/ traditional publishing model?
>
> I sort of like the idea that maybe 3 articles come out in a week, then
> nothing for a week or two, then another article comes out, and then one
> comes out every day for a 13 day span.
>
> If the delivery method is purely electronic, and it's a given that the
> intended audience would have tools to be alerted of new articles, why
> bother with a formal schedule?
>
> -Ross.

While I was at the University of Arizona, we produced the Journal of Insect
Science (http://insectscience.org) (now at the University of Wisconsin).
While this is a peer reviewed journal, it took the approach not to produce
actual "issues", but to publish articles once they successfully vetted
through the peer review process. For preservation and posterity, at the end
of each year we would print out all of the articles and have them hard
bound.

The point is, Ross' suggestion is a good one, and I give it a hearty +1

-- jaf

Jeremy Frumkin
The Gray Chair for Innovative Library Services
121 The Valley Library, Oregon State University
Corvallis OR 97331-4501

541.737.9928
541.737.3453 (Fax)
541.230.4483 (Cell)
" Without ambition one starts nothing. Without work one finishes nothing. "
- Emerson