+1

I know there has been a lot of sentiment toward simply hacking on our
web site, but as useful as that might be, it is still preaching to
the choir. As Peter and others have said, if we want to broaden our
reach we will most likely need to produce something that will get
much wider notice -- that is, something more magazine or journal
like. A publication gets broader notice in ways that putting up
something on a web site doesn't. I'm not arguing against anything, I
think everyone should participate in what they feel is most useful.

Having said that, I know that creating a new publication is not
trivial. But it can also be done if enough people want to make it
happen. I've kept Current Cites going for almost sixteen years, with
a monthly publication deadline. A magazine is much more substantial,
but is also unlikely to be published on a monthly basis either.
Perhaps it's time to move beyond debate and simply allow folks to
coalesce around the activities that turn them on. Perhaps we could
use the web site or wiki to establish nodes of activity around
various ideas, and see who signs on/contributes?
Roy