Art,

I think you make a point here that Rob Sanderson (I think) made in the
IRC channel today.

We have a Code4lib planet.  We have Ariadne and we have D-Lib (and, as
we learned last week, we have ITAL).

Where would the market for this journal be?  Who would read it?  Would
it just be the same people that read the planet?

Dorothea made a good point about the publish-or-perish faculty track.
I understand that.  I'm just not sure that we need another niche
journal.

I don't really oppose something like this.  I'm just not entirely sure
I see the value.

Art, you write more (word count /and/ content) in one blog posting to
LibraryCog than my contributions in two journal articles.  As a
professional (ok, by virtue that I get paid for what I do, not how I
conduct myself), I get more out of the timely blog postings I read than
the journal articles that I occasionally read (although there's value
in... what, 60% of those, too?).

So... take this how you will.

-Ross.