> One question is certainly, "Who will this journal serve?"

The more I think about it, the more I think the main justification for a
code4lib journal is to get our stuff noticed more. There are too many
enthusiastic Library 2.0 bloggers who spend their time talking about
non-library Web 2.0 services, and asking why we don't do cool stuff like
that in our libraries. They should pay more attention to the people who
are actually building the tools to do that, i.e. us. So the journal
should serve the forward-thinking library community as a whole.

Peter