At code4lib last week a good-sized group with insane combinations of
expertise in OAI-PMH, SRU, and OpenURL helped to nail down revision one of
unAPI.  Its background and objectives are:

   "unAPI is a simple website API convention. There are many wonderful APIs
   and protocols for syndicating, searching, and harvesting content from
   diverse services on the web. They’re all great, and they’re all
   already widely used, but they’re all different. We want one API for
   the most basic operations necessary to perform simple clipboard-copy
   functions across all sites. We also want this API to be able to be
   easily layered on top of other well-known APIs.

   The objective of unAPI is to enable web sites with HTML interfaces to
   information-rich objects to simultaneously publish richly structured
   metadata for those objects, or those objects themselves, in a
   predictable and consistent way for machine processing."

   http://code4lib.org/specs/unapi/revision-1

This revision is a lot better than unAPI version 0.  There are a number of
implementations in development and we're hoping to show it off more soon.
Also, I did a talk on unAPI last week which I'll post soon (any news on
the audio yet?).

If this interests anyone here, please consider sending comments/feedback
to the gcs-pcs-list, which is the list of record for unAPI development.