On Mar 30, 2006, at 5:12 AM, Eric Lease Morgan wrote:

> I see that a lot of the hits to my site come from MySpace.com where
> teenaged and college aged girls have incorporated some of my pictures
> into their pages. Another common use is on "bulletin board" systems
> where someone used one of my pictures as their avatar. In these
> second and third cases should I expect some sort of remuneration or
> at least a link back to infomotions.com?

Eric,
I have a comment on this (although I can't suggest any particular
strategies on processing referer (sic) hits). I have a web site where
I put up a lot of my photos <http://freelargephotos.com/>, and I draw
a line between "personal use" for which I expect no payment for use
of the photos (even the largest version I have which they can get by
request), and "commercial use" for which the photo must be used a) to
make money or b) in a product or to promote a product that is sold.
Therefore, in my universe the uses you mention above I would classify
as personal use, and within the bounds of appropriate usage. YMMV.
Roy