Hi Johnathan,

I am currently using tagging here: http://www.lcls.org/tags/

We have a "news"/blog system we use to publish content (custom built).  I
added tagging to it as a test.  So far the staff like it.  We are now
organizing a lot of our documents using tags.

I plan on using tagging more often because it gives me a way to link data
together very easily.  On different parts of the site I'd like to aggregate
data from a couple of our own sources as well as possibly remote sources
(mashup style).

The code is all ASP.NET with MySQL at the back end.  I am testing a tag
design right now that uses MySQL fulltext, but I may change that.  As it
works now I have a text field called tags for each news post.  I also have a
tag index table that stores all the tags and how many times they are used.
Each time an item is added the tags are sorted and the code determines if
its a new tag or if it just needs to update the count for an existing tag.
Likewise when something is removed, the tag count is decreased
appropriately.

Chris

Chris Deweese
Internet Applications Developer
http://www.lcls.org
Lewis & Clark Library System
425 Goshen Road, Edwardsville IL 62025
618-656-3216 x130
AIM: ChrisDeweese25

Illinois Library Systems - 40 Years of Excellence