I'm posting this position announcement to the mailing lists where I've
learned the most about systems librarianship.  Please take a look -- I'd
be proud to have any of you as my new supervisor!

Position Announcement
System Administrator
Re-Posted
Tampa Bay Library Consortium
March 20, 2006

The Tampa Bay Library Consortium (TBLC) is seeking a System
Administrator to manage SunLine, a Horizon integrated library automation
system shared by 10 libraries, and iBorrow, an URSA resource sharing
system that currently serves 45 libraries.

The System Administrator is responsible for administration and
maintenance of library automation hardware, operating systems, and
software.  The position is also responsible for coordinating the
technical side of TBLC's resource sharing service that is based on
SirsiDynix's hosted URSA product.  The System Administrator supervises
two technology staff members and coordinates work with other staff in a
team environment.

Required Qualifications:  A Master's Degree in Library Science (MLS)
from an ALA accredited institution or a strong library automation
background is required.  Experience with resource sharing systems is
desirable.  At least three years experience, including extensive work in
library automation is required.

Preferred Qualifications:  Integrated library system and resource
sharing system knowledge and experience; technology, networking, and
telecommunications knowledge and experience; ability to develop and
conduct training; knowledge of electronic information products and
services; knowledge of general computer technology (word processing,
database and spreadsheet software), record keeping and general office
administration procedures.  Ability to communicate effectively verbally
and in writing and ability to plan, organize, schedule and manage
projects.

Salary and Benefits:  Salary range is $60,000 - $70,000, depending on
qualifications and experience.  Benefits package includes annual
vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, retirement plan and health
insurance (major medical, dental, life and disability).

Deadline - April 14, 2006.

To apply, submit resume including three references to:

Vickie Frost
Tampa Bay Library Consortium
1202 Tech Blvd., Suite 202
Tampa, FL 33619