From: Hickey,Thom
Sent: Tuesday, March 28, 2006 9:37 AM
To: 'Code for Libraries'
Subject: RE: [CODE4LIB] compact display for marc-xml

Maybe this will help.  Here are some pointers to an updated set of files
(still far from ready for prime-time, but at least the Japanese record
displays).  The two .xml test file URLs seem to work, at least in IE.

http://outgoing.typepad.com/code/marcdisplay/compact.20060328.tgz the
compressed tarball of the following files:

http://outgoing.typepad.com/code/marcdisplay/compact.xsl the XSL file

http://outgoing.typepad.com/code/marcdisplay/compact.css the CSS file

http://outgoing.typepad.com/code/marcdisplay/mudlumps.xml Simple test
file

http://outgoing.typepad.com/code/marcdisplay/mudlumps.jpn.xml Test for
880 fields

I rearranged the XSL to accommodate bringing in the linked vernacular
880 fields as needed.  This pushes some of the formatting selection into
the CSS file by just generating CSS classes based on the MARC field tag.

--Th