Hi Eric

If I were you, I'd replace your "first home" picture with one showing a
condemned property (e.g.
http://www.annistonstar.com/gallery/2004/year_end/2004_sg45.jpg) so that
it appears on their web site.

If you have admin access, then you can usually set up rules to limit
which referring sites can directly use your images.

In my spare time I run a fairly popular DVD site and I often get ebay
vendors linking directly to DVD cover scans.  So, I set up an Apache
rule that should replace the image with one that suggests that if the
vendor is happy to steal someone else's bandwidth they might also by
happy to steal your money :-)

regards
Dave Pattern
Library Systems Manager
Computing & Library Services
University of Huddersfield

   http://www.dynastymortgageteam.com/

To what degree are the people at dynastymortgageteam.com taking
advantage of me and the system? To what degree are the norms of Internet
behavior too new to determine the answer to that question? What about
those other people who link to me for "personal use?" While it isn't
scholarship, maybe I should be "cited" and have a link back to my home
page and be granted attribution. Does anybody else remember an Internet
adage that said, "If you don't want it copied, then don't put it on the
Internet."

These are things I wonder about.

Finally, I consider refusing to serving images to external referrer's,
but again, some of my professional ethics get in the way. (BTW, how
would I go about doing such a thing?)

--
Eric Morgan

This transmission is confidential and may be legally privileged. If you receive it in
error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and remove it from your system. If
the content of this e-mail does not relate to the business of the University of
Huddersfield, then we do not endorse it and will accept no liability.