The Library Digital Initiative program of the Harvard University Library has funded a multi year project to develop a curated web site archiving solution.  We seek a Java software developer to work in a 2 person software team to develop the system and explore the capture and preservation issues surrounding this initiative. We'll be working closely with archivists and academic staff to define harvesting, preservation and discovery requirements and build easy to use software tools for capturing diverse web sites that include women's blogs, web sites related to the constitutional revision process in Japan, and web sites for Harvard departments. Over a two year period, we will build a robust, extensible solution integrated with the Harvard Digital Repository Service.

If interested in pursuing this exciting project, see the Harvard University job listing site, http://www.employment.harvard.edu/, and search for job requisition number 25878. For more information, feel free to contact me.

Randy Stern
Harvard University Library Office for Information Systems
Manager of Systems Development
email: [log in to unmask]
phone: 617-495-3724