Print

In August 2005, many of you participated in a survey designed by the DLF
Aquifer Services Working Group, designed to gather baseline information
about digital collections and their use in DLF member libraries. The
Services Working Group has completed an analysis of the survey results.
Their findings are documented in the attached report.

The Services Working Group has taken survey results into account when
setting priorities for service development for DLF Aquifer. In particular,
service gaps and current efforts are useful in evaluating what to
emphasize. Barriers to development suggest that leveraging development
through collaboration could help address resource shortages reported by
most respondents.

On behalf of the DLF Aquifer initiative and the Services Working Group, I
invite your comments to me or to this list. Following a brief comment
period, I will post the report on the DLF Aquifer web page.

The Metadata Working Group will report the results of the metadata survey
that was done at the same time as the services survey when they have
wrapped up the current round of modifications to the DLF MODS
Implementation Guidelines based on the feedback they received during the
comment period.

Regards,
Katherine

Katherine Kott
Digital Library Federation Aquifer Director
Stanford University
Libraries & Academic Information Resources
1450 Page Mill Road
Palo Alto, CA 94304-8402
Phone: 650 725-1067
Fax: 650 725-4902