On 4/12/06, Jonathan Rochkind <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> If you are instead using a formula where an increased
> number of records for a given work increases your ranking, all other
> things being equal---I'm skeptical.

Ditto; I think the "answer" to this is that there needs to be some
serious pre-processing and analysis to come up with some really smarts
in terms of these searches. I don't think there is an easy way out
once you've gone past the "ooh, shiny" stage of whatever context you
bring the user; good or bad context?

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert