Apologies for any cross postings....

Save the date and plan to join us!!

NEASIS&T Awards Dinner with special guest Peter Morville "Ambient
Findability"

May 11 2006, 6-9pm

MIT Faculty Club, 50 Memorial Drive (Building E52), Cambridge, MA

On Ambient Findability: "At the crossroads of ubiquitous computing and
the Internet, the user experience is out of control, and findability is
the real story. Access changes the game. We can select our sources and
choose our news. We can find who and what we need, when and where we
want. As society shifts from push to pull, findability shapes who we
trust, how we learn, and where we go. In this cyberspace safari, Peter
Morville explores the future present in search algorithms, embedded
metadata, ontologies, folksonomies, mobile devices, findable objects,
evolutionary psychology, and the long tail of the sociosemantic web."

Registration available soon!

Subscribe to the RSS feed from the NEASIST Events Blog for updates:

http://www.neasist.org/events/ <http://www.neasist.org/events/>

Lichen Rancourt
Web Developer
www.library.unh.edu <http://www.library.unh.edu/>