Although, at the same time, I think Google has taught us that our result set
order doesn't have to be perfect.  It just has to be 'relatively accurate'
and present enough information to let the user determine its relevance.

I think a dependence on technology to 'solve this problem' is more
complicated than necessary.  Humans tend to be adaptable and (within reason)
fault tolerant.

-Ross.