On May 30, 2006, at 5:57 PM, Eric Lease Morgan wrote:

>>  http://dewey.library.nd.edu/morgan/kinosearch/
>
> Yet again, you create the interface and translate that into the
> language of the indexer/search engine. (That is *really* what
> Z39.50 and SRW/U are for.) Not the other way around.

I have implemented a simple SRU2KinoSearch client:

   http://dewey.library.nd.edu/morgan/kinosearch/sru/client.html

Brian Cassidy brought to my attention that KinoSearch supports the
same query language as Lucence, and since the Perl module named
CQ::Node contains a toLucene method for converting CQL queries into
Lucene queries, I was able to interface with my KinoSearch index.
Thus, Simple SRU2KinoSearch Client.

Hooray for open source software and open standards!

--
Eric Lease Morgan

I'm hiring a Senior Programmer Analyst. See http://
dewey.library.nd.edu/morgan/programmer/.