So a bunch of us in #code4lib are thinking of starting up a book club
to read tech books together, learn from each other in the process,
and hopefully use a bit of peer pressure to propel ourselves into
actually finishing a book.

The first book we're propsing to read is Practical Common Lisp [1]
which is available in print and also online. Lisp and functional
languages in general are enjoying a bit of a renaissance at the
moment, so we figured this might be a good one to start with. It won
a Jolt Award [2], and is also very umm...practical--building working
code to parse ID3 tags (metadata!) and the like.

Should we create a google group or something? Any suggested name for
the group? Is there really any need to limit our membership to people
in libraries? How about books4code?

Interested? Suggestions? Bueller? There's a page [3] on the code4lib
site, but feel free to respond in here.

[1] http://www.gigamonkeys.com/book/
[2] http://www.ddj.com/joltawards/
[3] http://www.code4lib.org/bookclub