Dearest code4lib junkies:

I've taken an initial stab at a package for reading and manipulating MARC records in PHP. My design goals for this package are: clean API, reasonable OO design, most commonly required functionality, with documentation, unit tests, and examples to make the whole package usable.

I still consider the package to be in alpha state, but at this point it's ready to have some more people poking and prodding it to ensure that it meets the desired requirements of the community. I've written up a description of the package (briefly comparing it with its predecessor, emilda.org's php-marc) at http://coffeecode.net/archives/78-Super-alpha-MARC-package-for-PHP-comments-requested.html  (yeah, yeah, superlong URL--sorry) -- and at this point I would be very interested in your feedback.

Many thanks,
Dan

Systems Librarian,
Bibliothèque J.N. Desmarais Library
Laurentian University / Université Laurentienne

Phone: 705-675-1151 x3315