I see the problem.  You really should have been using the (4,4) key for
searching.

--Th

-----Original Message-----
From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Eric Lease Morgan
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 11:50 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] position announcement [retrospective conversion]

On Aug 16, 2006, at 11:46 AM, Eric Lease Morgan wrote:

> The following position announcement from PALINET (Philadelphia, PA)
> was brought to my attention:

In an almost completely unrelated note, I worked for PALINET in 1986
or so. My job was to read physical catalog cards all from a specific
library, search OCLC (4,2,2,1) for the best match, and then assign an
OCLC number to the card. I think I was helping with a retrospective
conversion process, and I remember I didn't do very well at the job.
Too much detail.

--
Eric Morgan
University Libraries of Notre Dame