From: Kathy Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: September 1, 2006 5:54:53 PM EDT
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]
Subject: OSDL hosting Software Tagging workshop, 9/6

Sayeed:
I work at Open Source Development Labs in Portland, OR www.osdl.org.
As the Program Chair Open Repositories Conference, I
thought you might be interested in the workshop OSDL is hosting on
software tagging.
http://www.osdl.org/docs/software_tagging_workshop_flier.pdf

Although your focus is related toward digital institutional
repositories, many subjects intersect with current issues managed by
software code related repositories.

OSDL is organizing a workshop on the 'open source as prior art' (aka
"osapa") initiative we're working on with the USPTO.  The goal of the
workshop is to gather as many source code repositories together as
possible to develop and work on a social tagging system that can be used
to tag software in way that makes it easier to be found by the uspto
when it looks for prior art.  Representatives from Google, Eclipse,
kernel.org, freshmeat, sf.net, and other repositories are registered to
attend.

Please feel free to pass the workshop info on to others you think may be
interested in such an event. The attached flier describes the
workshop, and here are links to the project itself (www.osapa.org) and a
rough prototype of the tagging software
(http://prevalent-digest.de/osstag/current/).

Thanks in advance for passing this along.

--
Kathy Anderson, Sr. Paralegal
OSDL

NOTICE: This electronic mail may contain privileged and confidential
attorney-client communications and attorney work product. If you
received this communication in error, or are not the named recipient,
please delete the communication without using, copying, or otherwise
disseminating it. Please notify the sender at the contact information
above that you received the message in error.