On Oct 16, 2006, at 2:53 PM, Binkley, Peter wrote:

> And if you built the search interface in Cocoon (using its Lucene
> transformer), you'd have Jetty built in, making the search application
> bootable on any os with a jvm.
>
> On Oct 13, 2006, at 4:06 PM, Casey Durfee wrote:
>
>> Jetty's [1] tiny and a breeze to embed.
>> [1] http://jetty.mortbay.org/
>
> jetty++

Yes, but all of this is pretty complicated; there are so many things
that can go wrong, and the CD won't really last very long. The more I
think about it, the more I think simple author/title indexes will be
sufficient. Search would be icing on the cake and require a huge
amount of overhead for such functionality.

What I'm really trying to aim at is creating a a long-lasting,
standards-compliant distribution medium enabling people to display,
read, and print works of "great" literature.

--
Eric Morgan