> What I'm really trying to aim at is creating a a long-lasting,
> standards-compliant distribution medium enabling people to display,
> read, and print works of "great" literature.
>
> --
> Eric Morgan

Hi, Eric.

Have you looked at greenstone digital library already
(www.greenstone.org)? It does all the things you mention above. Well,
maybe not "standards compliant," although I'm not sure what that
means in this particular context. I've used it to create CD ROM
applications before and it worked very well.

I haven't been following the discussion closely, so apologies if
you've already considered this and rejected it.

Bess

Elizabeth (Bess) Sadler
Digital Research and Instructional Services (DRIS)
Box 400129
Alderman Library
University of Virginia
Charlottesville, VA 22904