Call for proposals - Code4lib 2007

We are now accepting proposals for prepared talks for Code4lib 2007. [1]

Code4lib 2007 is a loosely structured conference for library
technologists to commune, gather/create/share ideas and software, be
inspired, and forge collaborations. It is also an outgrowth of the
Access HackFest, wrapped into a conference-ish format. It is *the* event
for technologists building digital libraries and digital information
systems, tools, and software. Code4lib 2007 will be held from February
28 through March 2 in Athens, Georgia.

Prepared Talk Information

Prepared talks are 20 minutes, and must center on "tools" (some cool new
software, software library or integration platform), "specs" (how to get
the most out of some protocols, or proposals for new ones), or
"challenges" (One or more big problems we should collectively address).
We will evaluate proposals on criteria of usefulness, newness,
geekiness, and diversity of topics.

Prepared talk proposals of 75 words or less are being accepted for
review now. Please send your name, email address, and proposal to:

We cannot accept every prepared talk proposal, but multiple lightning
talk sessions will provide everyone who wishes to present with ample
opportunity to show off. Lightning talks are 5-minute presentations that
any conference attendee can sign up to present.

The proposal deadline is November 13, 2006, and proposers will be
notified by November 20, 2006. Voting on the proposals will be public,
and held in a similar fashion to SXSW. [2]

[1] http://www.code4lib.org/2007
[2] http://2007.sxsw.com/interactive/panel_picker/

Brad LaJeunesse
Senior Systems Administrator