John's idea is similar to what I was going to suggest. Webserver on a
Stick. I have used it (to have Wordpress on a stick :-) and it really
works. While not Tomcat, you might be able to get Lucene running on
this. You ought to be able to burn this onto a CD. I don't have it
anymore but my USB drive was unlocked so I don't know if there are any
write issues.

http://www.chsoftware.net/en/useware/wos/wos.htm

The technical blurb says:
    * Apache 2.2.0
    * MySQL 5.0.18
    * PHP 4.4.2/PHP 5.1.2.2
    * PhpMyAdmin 2.8.0.3

You need about 200 MB space for the normal version! If you think this
is too much you can use the small version (~20 MB).

Tom

--
Tom