Hi,

We have an ILL software (Interlend)of which the vendor company is no longer in
the market.

In order to test some new ILL software, we need to extract Patron/Library
information stored in Interlend's datafiles. However, those files looks like in
c-tree format. Randomly running a command utility (CTRBLD.exe) bundled with the
software, we got the following message:

C:\LEND>ill_ctrb.exe ILL_PATRN.dat
c-tree PLUS(TM) V6.0 Superfile Recover Utility
Reconstructs data file members in place, and empties index file members.
Index file members must be rebuilt via CTRBLD, RBLIFIL() or CTINDX

Copyright 1990 FairCom Corporation
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Examining superfile file ILL_PATRN.dat.
Error return=485 (file# 1)
The above information of course suggests the likely data format and some useful
clues.

We also tried the trial version of Faircom's Ctree Plus ODBC Driver, however, it
did not work.

Any tips or experience on this issue?

Mang Sun

Library Systems