From: Code for Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Tim Spalding
Sent: Friday, October 27, 2006 10:45 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [CODE4LIB] Server names at libraries

Our severs are all Greek gods-Zeus, Hera, Apollo, Athena. Zeus is the
master, of course. I didn't decide on Athena's name, or I would have
made it Artemis.

For a storage server I inflicted LibraryThing's employees with the
greek goddess of memory, Mnemosyne, a pronunciation disaster. (You'd
think people would know from mnemonic, but even the dictionary tells
people to pronounce that as if it started with n.) Mnemosyne had her
revenge, however, since it's now completely broken.