Jonathan,

The OpenURL Object Model is still in an alpha state, but we've been
using it in some development projects here at OCLC for several months
now. This is a different approach than what has been taken by other
OpenURL implementation in that all the classes are designed to mirror
the OpenURL 1.0 abstractions as literally as possible. The result is a
lightweight framework that allows web service developers to focus on
pure business logic. Here are some blog entries with a few details.

http://q6.oclc.org/2006/08/openurl_object.html
http://q6.oclc.org/2006/08/seeing_the_big.html
http://q6.oclc.org/2006/08/hello_world.html
http://q6.oclc.org/2006/08/using_oom_to_cr.html